Being a digital nomad is a lifestyle that has been growing in recent years. It is a dream for many people and for others it is a matter of freedom.
We decided to bring up some points that we consider important and that may be useful for those who are thinking of starting a nomadic life: digital nomads PROS & CONS.
So, lets get this party starter!
1. Freedom: definitely the most desirable topic of this list, being a digital nomad allows you to be free both in life and work; you make decisions independently of how you plan your time.
2. New experiences in life: travelling brings new experiences and opportunities to learn something new; It expands your horizons and breaks stereotypes.
3. Traveling and making friends: in new places, you meet new people with whom you can learn or share tastes. Let’s take into consideration that one of the best “pros” is getting to know new places at each destination. You don’t need to spend your whole life in the same place…let’s move on!
4. Lack of attachments: being a digital nomad means not living life in a conventional way with no deep material or emotional commitments of staying in one place. You realise that you don’t need to be a consumerist to be happy.
But as you may know, being a Digital Nomad is not always a bed of roses…
So, let’s take a look at the its downsides.
1. Loneliness: living away from loved ones is challenging and can even be painful.
2. Problems with residency permits: there are destinations in the world that getting a residency permit is something not easy to get, as they are subject to a bunch of paperwork.
3. Finding a cheap place to live: to achieve this goal it’s important to make a complete research about the place you have decided to live. Accommodation is essential and sometimes it is complicated to get. It takes time…
Do you have any other item to include in this list? Please comment below.
If you are a digital nomad or know someone who is, we would love to do a quick interview.